Privacy & Security
- The personal information we collect;
- How we use and disclose that personal information;
- The choices and rights you have with respect to your personal information, such as your right to seek access to and correct your personal information.
- We have updated the policy to reflect our latest products and services and how we use your personal information to deliver these products and services to you;
We have made these changes because privacy is important to us and we know it’s important to our customers. We want to ensure we continually provide you with current, clear and transparent information about how we collect, use and share your personal information.
These updates took effect on 7 July 2021.
Shophotpink Pty Ltd recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of our customers and other third parties who provide their personal information to us.
Personal information we collect
When used in this policy, “personal information” has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) for our Australian operations. Personal information generally includes any information that can be used to personally identify you.
The personal information we collect from you is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions. We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- residential or business address;
- email address;
- post code;
- age and date of birth;
- telephone number;
- proof of identity, such as your drivers licence;
- a photograph or video surveillance recording of you if you are physically present in our stores;
- if you are a candidate for employment or a prospective contractor, we may collect other information as further set out in our application forms or during the recruitment process. This may include information relating to your employment history, working eligibility rights, suitability for the role you are applying for, and your referee details.
In addition to the information set out above, we may also collect other information from you – the sorts of information we collect will depend on your interactions with us. This information may not necessarily be personal information because it does not identify you personally however, this information is normally retained with your personal information and may include:
- your shopping preferences and a list of products and services you have purchased from Shophotpink. This may include your shopping history, product types, departments, specifications, sizes, dimensions, colours, occasion date, or other attributes of products and services we have provided to you or may provide to you in the future;
- account preferences, activity details and interactions (including statistics on page views and clicks), transaction details (such as payment method and where you shopped);
- information we require to deliver, service or fulfil warranty obligations for products or services;
- your marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and the method of delivery (email, SMS, direct mail, or other);
- if you are a member of Shophotpink Rewards, your membership number, and reward redemption history for Shophotpink special rewards or services;
- information relating to your participation in, and interaction with, Shophotpink Rewards;
- information you provide to us via our customer service centre, website, application forms, or directly to team members within our stores in relation to our products and services;
- device identification information when you use a computer, mobile phone, smart phone, tablet, or other device to access our WIFI service or interact with us through our online store (www.davidjones.com). This information may include session cookies, your device IMEI number, IP address or MAC address; and
- information collected via our secure payment processing systems.
Some departments (for example, cosmetics and beauty departments) may collect sensitive information about you so they can recommend a particular product or service and/or otherwise provide their goods and services to you. Examples of sensitive information include information about your health, race and ethnic origin. In addition, if you are involved in an incident in one of our stores, we may also collect sensitive information from you (such as health and medical information). We will not collect sensitive information about you unless we have your consent and the information is reasonably necessary for one of our functions or activities (unless we are otherwise required or authorised by law to collect that information).
Purpose of collection of your personal information
We collect your personal information for purposes necessary to sell and promote our products and services to you. In addition we collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions (each a Purpose):
- to provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
- to communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you (including any associated Shophotpink Rewards special offers and rewards);
- to tailor how we provide and market our products and services to you, based on your purchase history, shopping preferences and personal information you have provided us;
- to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- to interact with you via social media and digital marketing;
- to create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- to provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers;
- to carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development,
- to carry out quality control and research (including via customer satisfaction surveys), analysis and tracking to improve the way Shophotpink and its related bodies corporate and service providers provide products and services to you;
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities; or
- if you are a candidate for employment or prospective contractor, to assess your suitability for a position at Shophotpink or one of our related companies or brands. In addition, if you are employee at Shophotpink, we may contact you after your employment ends to conduct an exit-survey.
We may also collect data about you on an aggregate and anonymous basis in order to help us improve the functionality of our website and tailor the way we communicate with you.
If we are unable to collect your personal information
If we are unable to collect your personal information, some or all of the following may occur:
- we may be unable to provide products or services to you, to the requested standard or at all;
- we may be unable to communicate with you to provide information about products and services that you have purchased from us, or may intend to purchase in the future;
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our marketing communications to suit your preferences;
- your experience when interacting with us may be delayed or not as efficient as you may expect; or
- if you are a candidate for employment, we may not be able to process your application for a position at Shophotpink
Pseudonyms and anonymity
Cookies, analytics and re-marketing
In addition, we use third parties including Google Analytics Advertising Features to promote our products and services. Google and other third parties collect data about traffic to this site via advertising cookies and identifiers, which are used display ads on other sites that are relevant to you, based on your previous visits to this site. If you would like to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, please click here. Alternatively, you can find out how Google Analytics uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps, at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners
We will endeavour to only take information from you which is reasonably necessary for our business functions. If you send us personal information that we have not requested, or we determine that the personal information you have provided to us is not reasonably necessary or directly related to any of our business functions or activities, we may de-identify or delete this information without notifying you to protect your privacy.
How we collect your personal information
Normally we collect information from you directly, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
- when you join Shophotpink Rewards by subscribing to receive marketing emails;
- when you register with us by creating an account, or subscribe to our marketing programs;
- when you visit one of our stores;
- when you apply for a Shophotpink;
- when you access and use our website or WiFi services, or interact with us via social media or digital media;
- when you provide information to our team members;
- when you make a purchase, submit orders, registrations, requests or applications for our products or services (by phone, in person or electronically);
- when you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means);
- when you interact with us during promotions, competitions, special events, or by using devices within our stores;
- when you post a review or leave a rating on this site or complete our surveys;
- when you use any of our services, such as when you create a gift registry with us;
- if you are involved in an incident in one of our stores;
- if you attend a Shophotpink function or event;
- if you are a candidate for employment or prospective contractor, when you complete forms in relation to the recruitment and selection process, for the purpose of assessment.
We may also collect personal information about you from the following third parties:
- retail brands and suppliers who provide goods and services within our stores. This may include beauty, fashion, electrical, home wares and other suppliers who provide products and services to you on our behalf.
- third party service providers who provide services or functions on our behalf, such as IT service providers, delivery service providers and fulfilment managers, mailing houses, our insurers and brokers, and marketing agencies;
- third party sources and platforms, such as public sources, social networking sites, information service providers and third party analytics providers to whom you have provided your personal information;
- if you are a candidate for employment or prospective contractor, we may collect information about you from your nominated referees, where you have authorised us to do so.
When you click on links and banners on this site that take you to third-party websites, you will be subject to that third-party’s privacy policies. Shophotpink is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of those third party websites.
How we hold your personal information
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers, and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties. If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper) this information is normally retained in our files and a copy is made to our electronic files.
We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect your information. This includes taking reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the steps we take to protect your information include:
- utilising security restrictions on access to our systems such as passwords, firewalls and anti-virus software;
- external and internal premises security.
Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any Purpose to any of the following:
- our employees, contractors or service providers who provide services or functions on our behalf. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, and data entry service providers;
- retail brands and suppliers who provide goods and services within our stores. This may include beauty, fashion, electrical, home wares and other suppliers who provide products and services to you on our behalf;
- our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required;
- if you create a gift registry, your information will be published on our website to enable your guests to find your registry;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
- any of our related Australian entities;
- if you are a candidate for an employment position involving a third party with whom we have an agreement, to that third party to assess your application;
- if required by law, to any person authorised by such law. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within Australia in connection with law enforcement activities; and
- for any other purpose permitted by law.
Direct Marketing and Shophotpink Rewards
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services offered by us or our retail brands, partners or suppliers via the channels you have nominated. This may include, but is not limited to, email, SMS, regular mail, social media and other digital channels. If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method wherever practical to do so. By consenting to receive email marketing communications from Shophotpink, you may also receive access to a range of exclusive offers and rewards not available to the general public (Shophotpink Rewards). If you are currently receiving Shophotpink emails, you will automatically be a member of, and receive emails about, Shophotpink Rewards. You can join Shophotpink Rewards by subscribing to marketing emails from Shophotpink. You can do this by creating an online profile and opting in to receive emails from Shophotpink, or by providing your email address instore. All the benefits from Shophotpink Rewards will be delivered to you via email, including rewards and exclusive offers.
In addition, if you are a Shophotpinkholder and have opted-in to receive marketing communications from the Shophotpink American Express Alliance, then you also consent to receiving direct marketing communications directly from Shophotpink.
You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication, or by contacting us (see contact information below). You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received. You may also update your personal information by editing your online profile. Please note that if you unsubscribe from emails, you will be unsubscribing from Shophotpink Rewards and all emails from Shophotpink. You may also receive marketing communications by post, email, SMS , direct and digital channels from our retail brands, partners and suppliers who provide goods and services within our stores, but this will only occur where you have requested that type of information from us or from a third party within our stores. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from these organisations, you can let these organisations know by contacting those organisations directly. We do not provide your personal information to any other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
Information given by you to other parties
So that we can provide a wide range of products and services to you, third parties offering products and services may be operating in our stores from time to time. If you provide personal information to a third party other than Shophotpink, please contact that third party directly in relation to the handling of your personal information.
How you may access your information
You may access your personal information (where it is held online) by logging into our portal at www.davidjones.com or through the Shophotpink website.
You may also access your personal information held by Shophotpink by making a request to us.
Email: [email protected]
Normally we will provide a record of your personal information to you via your preferred contact method (phone, email or mail), and we may charge a fee to cover the reasonable costs incurred by us in providing you with the information (the fee does not apply to the making of the request).
If your request is unlawful or may interfere with the privacy of others we may reasonably refuse to provide access to your personal information.
Correction of your personal information
If you would like us to update or amend your personal information, please contact us and we will make the requested amendments.
We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not improperly accessed.
Complaints and questions
If you feel your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information above setting out the circumstances and reasons for your complaint.
Our team members will acknowledge receipt of your complaint promptly, and will normally respond to your request within 5 business days. If your complaint or query is complicated or requires further investigation our response may take additional time to finalise.
We will respond to you by your preferred contact method if you have indicated one.
If you are not satisfied with the result of your complaint to us, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Email: [email protected]ov.au
Overseas disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties and service providers located overseas in connection with a Purpose.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
Email: [email protected]
Amendments to this policy
- Phone: +61 7 3180 2290
- Email: [email protected]
- Address: 91 Queen St, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia